So why I am I doing this again to myself when it has never worked for me in the past? For a lot of reasons!
I am currently doing Chalene Johnson's free goal setting program called The 30 Day Push (http://30daypush.com/). This program helps you set your priorities and stick to them and live the life you want to live. This is my second time through this program and I love it. I highly recommend it!
One of the first things you do in the program is set a list of big goals, you want to accomplish. Things that if life went just how you imagined, you would accomplish these things.
Once you have those goals down you either choose one (or write a new one) that would make all the others possible. So you choose a goal that would start the domino effect that would set the other goals in motion. Chalene calls this your PUSH goal.
Here are the goals I set:
- When I turn 30, be at 130 pounds and/or have a body fat percentage of 25%. (I want to be at my healthiest so I can have a healthy pregnancy when I get pregnant)
- In one year, be a two star diamond Beachbody coach.
- In one year, be making at least $3,000 per month from Beachbody.
- In 10 years, have two biological kids and two adopted kids.
- In 5-10 years, purchase or build our dream house on property.
- In 2-3 years, "retire" from my full time job.
- In one year, hire someone to help clean my house and someone to take care of yard maintenance (2x per month).
- In one year, go on a date night with my husband at least 1x per month.
- In one year, establish the habit of meditating 1-2 times per day.
- Within 6 months post-pregnancy, be back to my pre-pregnancy weight (or better).
My PUSH goal is goal #1, to weigh 130 pounds and/or have a body fat percentage of 25%. I give both measures, because I don't know if 130 is really my ideal healthy weight, but to be able to measure progress I had to add some numbers it!
Accomplishing this goal will help make most of the others (probably all) possible.
I won't go into great detail but to be able to adopt, and to raise 4 kids, we need more money. To be able to buy our dream house ideal for gatherings with family and friends, we need more money. To be able to retire from my current full time job I need to exceed my current salary. And to be a two star diamond coach and make $3,000 per month or more I need to prove that this lifestyle works!
Beachbody coaching is a business with AMAZING potential to make all those dreams come true, it has happened for some many other coaches, WHY NOT ME? But to get to the point in my business I first need to prove that the lifestyle I am selling and so passionate about really works! Thus I need to reach my goal weight before some of the other goals have a chance at being accomplished.
If I never get to 130 pounds, I don't really care as long as I am healthy. What I want to achieve, and help others achieve, is optimal physical, mental, and emotional health. However those things are feelings and you can't assign a number to them to truly measure them. The reason I assigned a goal weight to my health is so that I can see if I am getting closer to better health or not. But there will never actually be a certain number that represents that I have achieved optimal health, in the end there will only be the feeling.
That is why I am okay with making this goal, and making it public. Because it's more of a guideline than a goal. If I don't hit it, but get close then I still achieved my overall purpose.
If you feel like you want to make a change in your life as well I highly recommend going through Chalene's 30 Day Push program, and/or contacting me to see if we can work together to hit our goals!